Unexpected.

I have experienced a lot of pain in my short span of life.
I have fought through so much to become the woman I am today.

I am a little broken.
Maybe even a little irreparable.

No.
I stand corrected.

I was a little broken.
I thought I was irreparable.

Two years was how long it took for me to notice him.
He was around for two years,
but never really stayed long enough for me to notice.

This year he decided to linger in my life.
I noticed him.
I just did not care enough to say anything.

I started acknowledging him.
Although I noticed him before,
I did not converse with him as much as I do now.

It was unexpected.

We started talking.
I started noticing.

I noticed the way he spoke about other people and other things.
He spoke so kindly of other people and other things.
I noticed the way he spoke of himself.
Shy and humble, but confident enough in himself.
I noticed the way he spoke of me.
Always with praise and admiration for me.

It was unexpected.

We met.
I fell.

I fell for his dark brown eyes.
They lit up when he spoke about things he loved.
I fell for his contagious smile.
His smile unconsciously made me smile too.
I fell for his personality.
His maturity and understanding of the world.

It was unexpected.

I was worried.
He was patient.

He taught me to trust.
He told me that I have nothing to worry about.
We both knew what it was like to feel hurt.
We both wanted someone to trust again.
I pushed aside my insecurities.
I trusted him with my heart.


And I am so glad I did.


This is to you, my love.
Thank you for existing.






This is not a poem.
But that will come later.

For Am. x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yang terlepas.

9 tahun.